US immigration forum
The Home of US Family Based Immigration Resources.
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.
familybasedimmigration.com is dedicated in bringing you the resources you will need to research your immigration process. Fiance(e), Spouse and Immediate Family Visas - Green Card.

case is F2B .Now father wish to be USC.will it help me?

sjmahdi
02-23-11, 05:38 PM
My case comes under F2B category and priority date is Aug 2005.We recieved mail from uscis in oct 2010 asking to submit fee n documents(DS230 n I864) .Now will the regression of dates affect my case? how much do i have to wait for visa number availability?
My Father is applying for naturalization,will this help in my case ?
Does my case get transferred to F1 after my father become citizen ?
Meanwhile if i marry will it affects my case?can my spouse join with me ?
what happen to my case when i marry after my father takes citizenship ?

Another question Abt my sister who is LPR n filed for her husband ,PD is july 2008,we have submitted fee n documents(DS230 n I864) in nov 2010 n waiting for interview date ,when will be visa number available? or have to wait for PD to be current??:S

Replies will be obliged.

vietnamkid
02-23-11, 06:25 PM
My case comes under F2B category and priority date is Aug 2005.We recieved mail from uscis in oct 2010 asking to submit fee n documents(DS230 n I864) .Now will the regression of dates affect my case?

Retrogression has affected the F2b category for India. The current Priority Date has retrogressed about 2 years.

how much do i have to wait for visa number availability?

No one can give you an answer for this as no one can tell if there will be further retrogression or what the pace of advancement may be in the near future.

Applying for US citizenship does not help you; he is still an LPR..

Once your father becomes a US citizen, you will automatically move to the F1 category. The current PD for this category is about 2 years ahead of the F2b category, so it would shorten the time it takes you to get an interview for a visa.

Your father will need to send in a photocopy of his Certificate of Citizenship so your case would be handle correctly. Immigration will not be aware that your father is a US citizen until he informs them.

If you get marry before your father becomes a US citizen, the case is automatically revoked and is closed. An LPR can never have a petition for a married child.

If you want to immigrate to the US based on the petition from your father, you must wait to marry after he becomes a US citizen. Your spouse will be eligible to apply for a visa with you. However, marriage would move you from the F1 category to the F3 category which means waiting a lot longer than the F1 or F2b category for your PD to become current.

Another question Abt my sister who is LPR n filed for her husband ,PD is july 2008,we have submitted fee n documents(DS230 n I864) in nov 2010 n waiting for interview date ,when will be visa number available? or have to wait for PD to be current??:S

Replies will be obliged.

A visa number becomes available when the PD becomes current.

sjmahdi
02-23-11, 08:53 PM
Thanks for reply

ajayraj
02-24-11, 02:31 PM
My case comes under F2B category and priority date is Aug 2005.We recieved mail from uscis in oct 2010 asking to submit fee n documents(DS230 n I864) .Now will the regression of dates affect my case? how much do i have to wait for visa number availability?

Replies will be obliged.

Hi my PD is sep 2005 undere F2B, but now I am under F1.

I was under F2B catagory but as my father became USC and applied for naturalization I am now under F1 catagory. Current date for F1catagory is 1st jan 2005 which is almost 2yrs ahead than F2B.
Also the files under F1 catagory gets cleared far earlier than F2B.

Ask your father to apply for naturalization at the earliest possibility cos it will help you to get your case transffered to F1 and you wont need to wait for a long time.

You are advised to get marrid only after you become a green holder.

Best of luck:thumbs:

iven3212003
02-24-11, 08:34 PM
Hi sjmahdi and ajayraj,

I live in Canada and my priority date is F2B May 2006. I have not received any documents from USCIS. Anyways my parents are going for citizenship now and hopefully soon when they become citizen then I can join them as well. I would love to chat with either one of you. My email address is iven_sin@hotmail.com. U can also add me on msn as i use that a lot to chat.

Please provide me with your email address as well. Good luck and stay single because if you get married petition will get cancelled.

And Ajayraj is your case complete? And also what is your priority date and when did you receive the first set of documents such as Choice of agent form.

Thanks.

sjmahdi
03-02-11, 08:42 PM
We have submitted all documents(PCC,I864,tax returns etc)when asked but due to retrogression our PD is not current.
Do i need to submit document again when asked after PD becomes current?As PCC expires within 6 mnths ..
will they ask this yr tax papers too coz we hav submitted 2009 tax papers?

thanx in advance!

Raven
03-02-11, 09:25 PM
We have submitted all documents(PCC,I864,tax returns etc)when asked but due to retrogression our PD is not current.
Do i need to submit document again when asked after PD becomes current?As PCC expires within 6 mnths ..
will they ask this yr tax papers too coz we hav submitted 2009 tax papers?
The 2010 tax return is due April 18, little more than a month from now. So yes, you are sure to be asked for the 2010 return. And if anything about your financial situation changes you should prepare a new I-864 to reflect the change.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum