US immigration forum
The Home of US Family Based Immigration Resources.
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.
familybasedimmigration.com is dedicated in bringing you the resources you will need to research your immigration process. Fiance(e), Spouse and Immediate Family Visas - Green Card.

US Embassy in Dhaka -- Visa Case Status Check

gwita
10-26-09, 11:04 PM
You can check your case status online for US Embassy in Dhaka at:

http://dhaka.usembassy.gov/case_status.html#statuscheck

All cases and numbers with current status are posted weekly. Check it out ahead before calling Embassy, it will be much more helpful...

My best

lostnemo
10-27-09, 05:49 AM
did u get ur status here?
this is for NIV...

as far as i know ur case is IV...

gwita
10-27-09, 03:20 PM
Yes, I noticed that, the officer gave me incorrect link. There is no way to check out the status of IV, but only by contacting DOS after 4 weeks time.

Thanks for corrections.

lostnemo
10-28-09, 12:42 PM
WC

gwita
10-28-09, 09:05 PM
I talked with my lawyer today. She said that most US Embassies should get a name check before actual interview.
Is this applicable to all Embassies located also in T-countries?

If so, then what is this administrative process, if names were already checked before interview?
I'm little confused, but maybe it varies from Embassy to Embassy due to very common names and they might still did not complete this process ahead of interview.
Anyone has ideas regarding this matter?

Many thanks in advanced.

Raven
10-28-09, 09:46 PM
I talked with my lawyer today. She said that most US Embassies should get a name check before actual interview.
Is this applicable to all Embassies located also in T-countries?

If so, then what is this administrative process, if names were already checked before interview?

Name check is only one of the numerous security checks that can be run. I gave a link in a post within the last couple of days that describes some of the possible checks. Look for it.

lostnemo
10-29-09, 01:22 AM
(correction)
yes..gwita

I heard that there is a backlog in Dhaka embassy visa processing unit.actually what i understand when nvc send them cases they start their processing but if the name hits or something(described in raven post) then sometimes they are unable to complete the case within the visa interview date.and they also need to verify the fingerprint what they only collect during interview.
so its not always possible to complete the case before interview. in Bangladesh its common to get visa between 1.5months to 2 months(AP case)

gwita
10-29-09, 08:56 PM
Thanks Lostnemo for a great tip, I did some research on both; process for fingerprint and name check. And it is logical fingerprint process needs to take place after interview and as far as i understand from gov. fingerprint site - it might take a time as it depends on how the agency in US responsible for this process is overload and so on...

Thank you Raven I did find this info, it is essential...

Regards

gwita
10-30-09, 09:56 PM
Validation of Police Certificate!

One thing, my husbands' police certificate was submitted with our marriage certificate 2 years ago...
Thus his police certificate was 2 years old during time of actual interview...
We were aware of this matter, and before interview he did obtain a valid new police certificate. However, during interview they did not ask him for it (even he had it with him just in case). Thus he did not submit it as they did not request. As we know the officers very rigorous and do not like if we present something which they do not request and so on...

My question is:
Would this can be a part of this additional processing? And what is a time frame of validation of police certificate in Bangladesh? 6 months prior interview?

Thanks in advance to everyone.

lostnemo
10-31-09, 07:16 AM
this is 12 months or 60 months...
check it here
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3509.html

u just no need to be worry abt this. ur additional processing not abt this police certificate.if they need this they would have ask u to submit this along with additional processing form.u just keep this xtra certificate with u when face them next time.u no need to submit this in advance.

one of my friend(NIV) got call to submit his passport 3days before.he faced them 3rd week of September.
hope, we ll get the call soon...

(one more qs. was ur husband given any pink page written 'all civil original document' attached with visa size photo.they gave me and ask me to keep this)

gwita
11-01-09, 12:43 PM
Thank you Lostnemo, I checked it is 60 months for pc.

Yes he received pink page written 'all civil original document' attached with visa size photo". But they do not ask for it anymore.

When was your interview?

Regards

lostnemo
11-02-09, 04:28 AM
Oct 13, 2009

do u know anyone, gets AP or out of AP from Dhaka recently...?
actually its very few from Dhaka used to write in forum, so its very difficult to get the average waiting time for bd.

thank you
keep writing...

gwita
11-03-09, 08:43 AM
No, I do not know anyone so far...
Yes not many people are from Dhaka in this forum it is hard to guess...

Well, let's wait, however this week I will call DOS,they said to call on biweekly basis etc...

Regards

gwita
11-04-09, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone,

Just to inform you I called today DOS and our case is in Washington DC.
Is it good or bad sign?

I checked and it seems that this is the process of AP, the embassy sent it to DC and waits for results?
It shows that our case is already there for clearance and embassy awaits for results. Is it a good news?
Or not so good :)

Thanks in advanced.

gwita
11-04-09, 03:48 PM
And as far as I understood this is a normal process now, it is just the matter of how long the office will take to process the results.
Otherwise all should be fine...

Best

lostnemo
11-04-09, 11:48 PM
it is a good news!
coz ur case is moving..
wait..., inshaallah u ll get a good news soon.

one of the family faced us embassy 8th october and putted in Ap got the call today. they asked them to go to embassy 8th Nov to collect their visa.

lostnemo
11-04-09, 11:51 PM
dear gwita

1. can u share the conversation btw u and DOS?
2. does it take too long to get DOS on phone?

thank u

naxmotra
11-05-09, 03:36 PM
Hi lostnemo

one of the family faced us embassy 8th october and putted in Ap got the call today. they asked them to go to embassy 8th Nov to collect their visa.

Do you know what time they received call from embassy? Do you know when that case moved to Additional Process from interview?

Do you also apply for IV? When was your interview?

Thank you.

gwita
11-05-09, 04:26 PM
Dear Lostnemo,

Currently, I think I understand more the process of AP (even my lawyer did not give me correct answers) but i found it on-line and by following DOS answers.

The way it worked in my husband's case was as the following:

1/ Interview in October, the officer was satisfied with his interview and approved our union. We showed him many beautiful pictures and expressed our relationship history and our wish of us finally to be together...
2/ They were missing only my taxes for 2008 which we delivered to embassy in 1 week time.
3/ After all documents and his background was checked and finalized in US Embassy in Dhaka (once they are done, they determine whether the applicant is approved or denied. If denied the file goes back to USCIS. If approved it is put through the mandatory DOS/Washington D.C security/name check clearances that is routine for everyone and gets cleared within: for most weeks, and months, for others longer).
They have his papers already at Washington DC for security check, this is what officer told me at DOS.

I think calling US Embassy is not much help as they do not know anything till results come back from USA.
But calling Department of State (Visa Section) on weekly or biweekly basis - preferable is very helpful to find out how your case is moving, as they have all data access and results.

To contact DOS:
1-202-663-1225, ( press 1 and then 0, you will be transferred to visa officer). Please make sure you have your case number ready so they can access your case.

So now, we are just waiting for the results. I will call them again next week to see if anything is cleared.

Good luck Lostnemo.

gwita
11-05-09, 04:32 PM
Lostnemo, It takes only 3 minutes time to get DOS visa officer on the phone, they are fast and efficient...

lostnemo
11-06-09, 05:44 AM
Hi lostnemo

Do you know what time they received call from embassy? Do you know when that case moved to Additional Process from interview?

Do you also apply for IV? When was your interview?

Thank you.
this is ur 1st post naxmotra so plz share ur condition with us...
this is the details of the family got the call recently:
interview: 8th oct.
additional form submit: 11oct
call received : 5th nov at 9am

lostnemo
11-06-09, 05:52 AM
dear gwita.

thank u very much for your details sharing. actually i m quit surprise that all this are explained by the DOS officer because here from some of the post i found the officers are quite rude and they don't want to explain anything. anyway their must be something wrong with them...

DOS are opens Monday to Friday, office hour, rite?
again thank you
best wishes

naxmotra
11-06-09, 09:12 AM
Hi Lostnemo

Thanks for share your information.

My interview was 12th October 09
I submit additional paper 15th October 09
22nd October 09 was date of my case result from embassy
Instead of receive case result i got a blue shit with the stamp of AP
So now i m waiting for embassy call
-------
As you shared regarding family received call 5th Nov 09 so its take nearly 25 days for additional process. Its looks fast;
-------
If things going smoothly; i can expect a call from embassy 19th or 26th Nov 09.
-------
Let me know your case details?

Thank you.

lostnemo
11-06-09, 09:49 AM
i already post my details
here i m doing again

my interview was on 13th Oct
they told me that 'every thing is okay, u don't need to submit anything just we need sometime to process ur case. we ll call u as soon as we received the result.'

and given a blue 221g paper.

Raven
11-06-09, 10:21 AM
i already post my details
here i m doing again

Why?

gwita
11-06-09, 10:24 AM
Lostnemo,

Naxmotra is my husband :) He just signed into forum. So this is the same case.
When comes to DOS, it is all pure luck of getting correct information, but you have to try. They have to tell you the status of your case as embassy will not at this stage. I guess I was lucky 2 times. And the best will be if your spouse or relative in USA call them. Hours Mon-Friday EST.

Best wishes.

naxmotra
11-08-09, 01:22 PM
Hi lostnemo

my interview was on 13th Oct
As your interview was 13th Oct 09 so i hope you will received call before me.

Stay in touch.

Thank you.

lostnemo
11-09-09, 06:06 AM
dear gwita and naxmotra

sorry for the late reply.
we didn't call dos till now. hopefully we are gonna try this next week.
and u never know nax that i m gonna get the call before u.it could happened to anyone anytime. but just pray for me.

the family, i mention before got the 2nd interview last Sunday. CO asked them to submit ds230 form again and took the sign and issued the visa(no token).i m quite surprise why they asked to submit ds230 form again while it was already taken by nvc and CO took the sign during 1st interview. anyway best part is they got the visa.

best wishes...

naxmotra
11-11-09, 09:44 AM
dear gwita and naxmotra

sorry for the late reply.
we didn't call dos till now. hopefully we are gonna try this next week.
and u never know nax that i m gonna get the call before u.it could happened to anyone anytime. but just pray for me.

the family, i mention before got the 2nd interview last Sunday. CO asked them to submit ds230 form again and took the sign and issued the visa(no token).i m quite surprise why they asked to submit ds230 form again while it was already taken by nvc and CO took the sign during 1st interview. anyway best part is they got the visa.

best wishes...
Hi lostnemo

Thank you. Let us know status for DOS after your call. I know nemo and nobody knows exact date but we can always hope :)

i m really very surprise (the family) as they had to submit DS230 form again but i am glad to hear they got the VISA.

stay in touch

lostnemo
11-12-09, 09:27 AM
talked to DOS
lady told nothing to worry
its a routine process
case still pending...
and normally it took 3months but she cant promise...
thank you

naxmotra
11-12-09, 10:57 AM
talked to DOS
lady told nothing to worry
its a routine process
case still pending...
and normally it took 3months but she cant promise...
thank you
Thank you.
I hope everything will be fine with you. So what more .. just wait :(

Where is your passport? in Embassy or with you?

Let me know.
thank you.

lostnemo
11-12-09, 11:47 AM
passport is in embassy.
they kept my passport and marriage certificate.

what abt u?

Thanks

naxmotra
11-15-09, 05:29 PM
They keep only my passport.

Thank you.

lostnemo
11-17-09, 06:25 AM
any update gwita-naxmotra?
did u talk to DOS this week?

lostnemo
11-18-09, 09:03 AM
one more good news...
i know one person had interview on 7th oct got visa yesterday.

keep writing...

gwita
11-18-09, 12:09 PM
AP PROCESS IS FINISHED!!!! WOW, HURRAY!!!

DEAR LOSTNEMO, I JUST CALLED DOS TODAY, AND IT WAS ONE OF HAPPIEST DAY, SHE SAID MY HUSBAND AP IS FINISHED RESULTS ARE BACK IN US EMBASSY IN DHAKA AND THEY ARE WORKING ON ISSUING HIS VISA :) :) THE OFFICER LADY WAS SO, SO NICE WHEN SHE GAVE ME THIS HAPPY NEWS AND SHE SAID CONGRATULATIONS!!!

YOU WILL RECEIVE A GOOD NEWS LOSTNEMO VERY SHORTLY ALSO, WE BOTH KEEP WISH FOR YOU.

ALL MY BEST TO YOU!
HAPPY GWITA AND NAXMOTRA

gwita
11-18-09, 12:16 PM
As in our case, it looks like AP for IV in Dhaka takes from 21-31 days; assuming that all papers are ready and only administrative process was 1 month period of time.

After AP is approved they sent results back to US Embassy and they will work on issuing his visa. She said it will be short time before he receive his passport.

Regards

lostnemo
11-18-09, 11:20 PM
oh awesome!!!

congratulation!!!
let us know when u got call from embassy and visa.

best wishes!

wellmux
11-19-09, 12:04 AM
Congratulations gwita please pray for people here those are in AP

Salambd9
11-19-09, 02:03 AM
Wow Congratulation gwita, when same with me and all, I'll wait for hear happy news

Syed Najam
11-19-09, 02:20 AM
Congratulation gwita

also pray for me....

regards,
Syed Najam

gwita
11-19-09, 02:41 PM
Congratulation gwita

also pray for me....

regards,
Syed Najam

Thank you to everyone and all our prayers go to all these who are still in AP. Let's hope it will be as short as our timeline.

Kind regards,
Gwita and Naxmotra

gwita
11-19-09, 02:42 PM
oh awesome!!!

congratulation!!!
let us know when u got call from embassy and visa.

best wishes!

Thank you Lostnemo, we will let you know when his visa will be ready.
All wishes and prayers to you...

lostnemo
11-19-09, 04:43 PM
thank u gwita!!!

today talked to DOS again. they put my case into administrative process so it could add 4-8 weeks additional time.

as far as i understand, what happened is first our case was in additional processing which refers to the name check procedure done by the Consulate with the NCIC criminal database at FBI.This procedure screens visa applicants by name to see if there is a "hit" with the criminal database: that is, a person in the criminal database has the same or very similar name to the visa applicant.

Many visa applicants with common names with those in the database get a "false hit": the refers to when a visa applicant's name matches a name in the datebase but is NOT actually that same person in the database, just a person with a common or very similar name. This places the case into what is called "Administrative Review". Under current rules, the Consulate is required in this circumstance to receive full clearance from FBI (via the NVC) before Consulate can issue the visa. It may require a full fingerprint check and customized investigation. Full clearance from FBI (via the NVC) in most cases can take 4 to 6 weeks, but in some cases much longer and even months.

best wishes

usabangladesh
11-20-09, 11:50 AM
Even though my post does not correspond to the title of the thread, I would still like to ask it here as most of the petitioners and beneficiaries relate to US Embassy Dhaka. I have filed an IV petition for my wife, CR1, and the case is under review at NVC. I am hoping that it will be completed by next week. I was wondering that after the case is completed at NVC, usually what is the timeline of the scheduled interview. To clarify more, for example if my case is completed in November 2009, what would possibly be my interview date at US Embassy Dhaka. Please share your experience. I have seen for one individual that he got his NOA2 in August and got his interview scheduled for November, 2009 (visa journey). I just want to get an idea as I plan to travel to Bangladesh and attend the interview with my wife.

Thanks!!!

Raven
11-20-09, 12:10 PM
Even though my post does not correspond to the title of the thread, I would still like to ask it here as most of the petitioners and beneficiaries relate to US Embassy Dhaka.
Most inappropriate.

I have filed an IV petition for my wife, CR1, and the case is under review at NVC.
Point of clarification - the NVC does not review, it collects and forwards to a consulate. Review is done at the consulates.

I am hoping that it will be completed by next week. I was wondering that after the case is completed at NVC, usually what is the timeline of the scheduled interview. To clarify more, for example if my case is completed in November 2009, what would possibly be my interview date at US Embassy Dhaka. Please share your experience. I have seen for one individual that he got his NOA2 in August and got his interview scheduled for November, 2009 (visa journey). I just want to get an idea as I plan to travel to Bangladesh and attend the interview with my wife.

You mention visa journey - that web site has a good database of timeline information, far more information than you'll find here.

lostnemo
11-24-09, 08:24 AM
naxmotra
did u get ur visa or still waiting?

gwita
11-24-09, 02:43 PM
Lostnemo, we are still waiting, they are still in a process if issuing the visa, they said at DOS it should take a short time, we hope to get a call by early december.

regrads

gwita
11-24-09, 02:47 PM
USABangladesh, in our case NVC approved and they had complited doucuments on July 10th and then case was transferred to Dhaka Embassy. Interview took a place on October 12th, so it looks like 2-3 months of time.

Regards

Raven
11-24-09, 02:51 PM
USABangladesh, in our case NVC approved and they had complited doucuments on July 10th and then case was transferred to Dhaka Embassy. Interview took a place on October 12th, so it looks like 2-3 months of time.

Point of clarification - the NVC does not "approve[d]" anything. They merely collect the application materials and set an interview date. It's the consulate that evalutates the visa application and approves. (Or not.)

usabangladesh
11-24-09, 05:03 PM

Regards

@Gwita: I appreciate your response. That's very helpful.

Would be more helpful if others please share their experience too! I am just trying to find out the average timeline between case completion at NVC and interview date at the embassy. Visa journey has some timelines but most of them are incomplete and dates back to previous years.

gwita
11-24-09, 11:18 PM

Point of clarification - the NVC does not "approve[d]" anything. They merely collect the application materials and set an interview date. It's the consulate that evalutates the visa application and approves. (Or not.)

Yes, this is correct Raven. Thank you.
Regards

gwita
11-30-09, 10:55 PM
Lostnemo, just to let you know the process of issuing immigration visa after AP clearance and visa approval - can take from 5 business days till couple of weeks.

My husband visa was approved on Nov16, but this is still 2nd week and we are waiting :)
I called DOS again to make sure if everything is okay and they said embassy is issuing a visa and it might take a time depends on how busy they are. So now we are just still waiting for this final call. We did not have a clue it will take again so long...

Lostnemo how is your case moving? Please let us know.
Regards

lostnemo
12-03-09, 03:58 AM
the case is pending...
just waiting.

what abt u? get any call this week?

Eid mubarak!!!

gwita
12-03-09, 10:30 AM
Yes, they send me email and asked him to come on Sunday to the Embassy but they do not specified why? If this is to pick up visa or they need some additional info. Eventually we will know more by that time.

Happy Eid Mubarak.

lostnemo
12-04-09, 10:36 AM
when did they call?
wed or thu?

wish u a happy sunday!!!

gwita
12-04-09, 03:37 PM
They didn't call him. I sent them an email 2 weeks ago, and they replied last week:
"We have completed the additional administrative processing for this case. Please advise the applicant to come to the Consular Section. He should bring the blue refusal sheet and a copy of this email. ..."

So, we will know more this Sunday if they need anything additionally or this is a visa pick up, it is hard to tell, as far as i know from calling DOS his visa is not printed out yet...

Regards

lostnemo
12-06-09, 08:07 AM
so...
what happened today?

Bashontee
12-06-09, 09:11 AM
I was reading this post for helpful information on AR / AP.I had my IV visa interview last year,now in Administrative Review. DNA test done for my infant son,US Embassy at Dhaka called me recently to inform that We are still in under adminitrative review. I was happy to find the information that i can call D O S for latest update on my case. Waiting to see next post from gwita

wellmux
12-06-09, 10:16 AM
gwita i hope things gone well with ur husband at embassy today , keep posting here please

naxmotra
12-06-09, 10:29 AM
so...
what happened today?
Hello lostnemo & every one

I received visa today.
My visa was issued 17th Nov 2009

After arrived embassy they call me with 3 other DV and IV visa application and give us Yellow visa pack including passport with Visa.

I have to keep my yellow visa pack intake and need to show immigration of USA airport.

I wish best of luck for all of other applicant and praying for grant yours visa.

Thank you and have a good day.

Bashontee
12-06-09, 11:34 AM
Congratulations naxmotra & gwita. naxmotra are you in uttara? I will call DOS tomorrow for update in my case. Have a safe & nice journey to States.

wellmux
12-06-09, 11:37 AM
Congratlations please pray for us too we are in AP as well, have a safe journey to USA

gwita
12-06-09, 11:58 AM
VISA CR-1 RECEIVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY HUSBAND HAS VISA ON HAND, HE IS COMING HOME ON DECEMBER 25:)
WE ARE BOTH VERY HAPPY....

WE WISH YOU BOTH TO GET AP CLEARANCE AND ALL FRIENDS FROM FORUM SOON AND GET GOOD NEWS AS WE DID YESTERDAY...

WISHES, GWITA AND NAXMOTRA

lostnemo
12-06-09, 01:00 PM
i can feel, what a wonderful day that was for u...
just be happy and safe
wish u very best of luck.

gwita
12-06-09, 03:21 PM
Thank you lostnemo, you will receive your visa soon also. One thing i learn thru this process it is rare to deny IV but it is just only matter of time but it will happened one beautiful day :)
By the way we are based in New York City.

Kind regards

gwita
12-06-09, 03:23 PM
Zillion of thanks and wish you get this AP news soon Wellmux!

gwita
12-06-09, 03:26 PM
Yes, my husband is from Uttara. Keep calling them once a week, as far as I know the US embassy in Dhaka updates DOS on Wednesdays or Thursdays so best time is to call is every Friday Eastern Standard Time...

Good luck Bashontee!

Bashontee
12-06-09, 04:23 PM
Thank You very much gwita. I spend a lot sleepless nights, more than 1000 hours on line,just looking for few answer about administrative review process,find lot of GURU`s here & there, but your case was real eye opener for me. An attorney is working on my case, but after this long searching for information on the net,i learned a lot,can work for immigration law firm. One year on AR is hard to bear the load.
I am in uttara too, I will miss you & naxmotra`s presence here, Congratulations & like the story Happily live for ever.

gwita
12-06-09, 05:17 PM
Bashontee when was your interview?
Yeah, I feel the same like after all of this process I'm ready to open my own immigration advise services :)))

Bashontee
12-07-09, 06:50 AM
It was on third week of October 2008, gwita did you see the new page of CONTACT US, DOS

lostnemo
12-08-09, 07:03 AM
Thank you lostnemo, you will receive your visa soon also. One thing i learn thru this process it is rare to deny IV but it is just only matter of time but it will happened one beautiful day :)
By the way we are based in New York City.

Kind regards

thank u for ur kind wish. and i know i ll get my visa inshaallah. but dont know how long it will take. that really matter, u know.

and yes my wife also based in new york.after getting visa may be we'll start our new life over there.

be safe and keep in touch..
wishes to both of u.
email id: lostnemo@rediffmail.com

zafar
12-14-09, 01:46 PM
i am so happy now.Atlast i got my visa today.My interview was held on 23rd of Nov & was kept on additional procesing from then

Bashontee
12-14-09, 03:19 PM
Dear zafar, Congratulations. When was your interview? Nov 23rd 2009?

gwita
12-15-09, 08:40 AM
Dear Lostnemo and Bashontee, we are sorry for replaying late, but it is now a hectic time of preparations and Im away from computer most of the time.

Any news from your side?
Yes, please let's keep in touch when you are in NYC, we will drop you a message.

Kind regards to everyone...

Bashontee
12-15-09, 09:49 AM
Thanks gwita. I did called DOS last week,I am still in AP. I wish Bon Voyage for naxmotra.A perfect Christmas present for you. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year in advance.

zafar
12-15-09, 12:05 PM
Dear Bashontee, yes my interview was held on 23rd Nov & i got my visa on 14th Dec

Bashontee
12-15-09, 02:06 PM
Thanks zafar, so got your visa in hand on Day15th after interview,that is very nice to know.Congratulations again. Did the CO gave you The Blue sheet marking 221g only, on the day of the interview? No additional item was asked for? was it had a stamp on it like Administrative Review,we will call you,something like this? your experience will greatly help us.

zafar
12-16-09, 12:59 AM
Yes bashontee i was given a blue sheet where additional processing was sealed,the consular asked abt my sponsor ,my wife,their family,my family,how my marraige took place & what i do.Then she explained me she would give me visa but they need somework to be done & after then will contact me over phone to bring the bluesheet to collect the visa.They rang me on 13rd dec & gave the visa on 14rd dec

lostnemo
12-16-09, 06:54 AM
congratulation zafar!!!

no result still pending...

bashontee yess.. its really hard to wait that long.u got the brave heart...

and gwita, surly u can take ur time. and inshaallah we ll be in touched.

zafar
12-16-09, 10:39 AM
thx lostnemo,hope u will get ur visa soon.

lostnemo
02-22-10, 01:55 PM
how is going on gwita naxmatro jafar?

Bashontee
03-03-10, 06:46 AM
Good Luck Dear lostnemo

Makhdum
07-14-10, 11:47 PM
Hi All,

Since it is said that not much experience is shared here for Dhaka US embassy, I decided to share my case. I applied 30th June 2010 for my J-1/J-2 with my wife and got interview schedule on the 13th July.

On interview day, nothing except our Marriage day and Marriage photographs were asked to be viewed. We mentioned Marriage day and shared photos which the CO viewed. Then, as if it is a routine thing to do, he handed over the white paper mentioning my application is "suspended" pending AP and gave me a PIN to track the case online. No mention of whether I was approved/ not approved/ denied just that.

My case online says pending processing. The J-1 orientation has already begun. My sponsor says it [AP] "has become a routine part in visa application" and she hopes that they clear me soon.

We are tired and frustrated with this. I dont know when it will be complete. Thanks.

Bashontee
07-15-10, 12:27 PM
Makhdum,
Enjoy your time while you wait.

Makhdum
07-22-10, 03:19 AM
All d ppl out thr waitin on ap, thr is hope, after all! Me and my wife were cleared exactly 7 days after our interview! Wow! I think few factors contributed to the expedited processing of which i will share next time. bol!:ok:

Bashontee
07-22-10, 04:53 AM
Makhdum,
Congratulations.
Please share with us.

Makhdum
07-23-10, 11:17 AM
As promised, now that I am settled with relief, I will share few things about admin processing. Again, these are my personal opinion based on some research and discussion with few people with experiences in 2010! You do not have to agree with all!

1. For those on sponsored visa , such as J-1/J-2 like me, as expressed by the spokesperson in Washington, the AP is going to be faster! How fast- depend on the case but invariably will take lesser time than other visas.

2. A well-reputed sponsoring organization might give you an extra advantage in terms of time. As mine was UMDNJ, the largest Medical university in the US (or so they claim!), the processing was faster because there were people over in US who would inquire about things to DoS.

3. Since the introduction of electronic DS160 form online, (in BD it started from 15th May, 2010!) the processing times are getting better as your info is submitted directly to DoS and the local embassy does not necessarily have send docs by "diplomatic pouch (!)". Those who applied before DS160 with hand written application, I am sorry, yours might take longer than electronic one's!

4. Marriage/Spouse/Fiance visa's AP are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than all other visas because their involves local check in the US with median time of 1 year!

5. In my case, my sponsors directly called local embassy and requested to expedite. Although, it didnt help, but their call and concern might have triggered something!
6. Not everyone get FBI/Whoever security check and rumors are there is fewer and fewer cases of such happening!

7. Finally, a word of advise: in form DS160, please pay very high level of attention while completing every single detail and nominate at least one high-level security-cleared personnel (preferably an US citizen living in your own country who knows you thoroughly) as your "warranty person". DO NOT take this lightly. Remember, a good referee who approves and knows about your visit is CRITICAL to fast AP. In my case, it was my Boss where I work who happened to be an advisor of US embassy (lucky me!).

8. Good luck everyone! Please wish for our (me and my wife) safe trip together to US!

tanvir103575
07-24-10, 08:49 PM
Congratulations,Makhdum.I wish both of you will reach the US safely and lead a happy life there.
My case is still under AR.get no update from them.Our interview was in January,2010.They gave AR in May.After that about 2.5 months have gone,but no call.I sent them an email last month.They replied they would complete AR at the Earliest possible time.But I am not sure whether their "Earliest possible time" will be 3 or 4 years.

crow1
07-28-10, 03:36 PM
As promised, now that I am settled with relief, I will share few things about admin processing. Again, these are my personal opinion based on some research and discussion with few people with experiences in 2010! You do not have to agree with all!

--Thank you for sharing your bogus secret. Unfortunately your personal opinion is flawed and you should consider doing better research or having discussion with people who has some knowledge regarding this.

1. For those on sponsored visa , such as J-1/J-2 like me, as expressed by the spokesperson in Washington, the AP is going to be faster! How fast- depend on the case but invariably will take lesser time than other visas.

--Yes most people stuck here are for IV. This is not the same category as in J1/J2 which is non -immigrant visa. So this is no secret or have any relevance to the people that are waiting in AP for IV

2. A well-reputed sponsoring organization might give you an extra advantage in terms of time. As mine was UMDNJ, the largest Medical university in the US (or so they claim!), the processing was faster because there were people over in US who would inquire about things to DoS.

--Ya right...you think inquiring makes the process go faster? Talk about being delusional

3. Since the introduction of electronic DS160 form online, (in BD it started from 15th May, 2010!) the processing times are getting better as your info is submitted directly to DoS and the local embassy does not necessarily have send docs by "diplomatic pouch (!)". Those who applied before DS160 with hand written application, I am sorry, yours might take longer than electronic one's!

--What is this based on? Is it something you think or dreamt of ? How do you know if people who submitted hand written appplication will take longer. Each case is unique and therefore electronic application might take way longer as well.

4. Marriage/Spouse/Fiance visa's AP are SIGNIFICANTLY higher than all other visas because their involves local check in the US with median time of 1 year!

--How do you come up with a median number of 1 year ? What is the sample data? Does USCIS publish any data on that? Please refrain from posting baseless data.

5. In my case, my sponsors directly called local embassy and requested to expedite. Although, it didnt help, but their call and concern might have triggered something!

--Yes it rained here yesterday and it "might have" trigged something as well.:lol:

6. Not everyone get FBI/Whoever security check and rumors are there is fewer and fewer cases of such happening!

Where are thses rumors? Or are you attempting to spread the rumors urself...?:whistle:

7. Finally, a word of advise: in form DS160, please pay very high level of attention while completing every single detail and nominate at least one high-level security-cleared personnel (preferably an US citizen living in your own country who knows you thoroughly) as your "warranty person". DO NOT take this lightly. Remember, a good referee who approves and knows about your visit is CRITICAL to fast AP. In my case, it was my Boss where I work who happened to be an advisor of US embassy (lucky me!).

--once again uselss information

8. Good luck everyone! Please wish for our (me and my wife) safe trip together to US!

Have a safe trip.

faisalbd2010
08-08-10, 01:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

Recently I attended Interview F2(Spouse) at Dhaka. It was 26th July. After the interview they gave me a green paper and said it will take 1 week or 1month for additional processing. Still I am waiting for visa. How many days usually it takes i dont have any idea. If u have please inform me,

imranbodla
08-08-10, 10:45 PM
faisalbd2010 dear start ur new thread and share ur complete interview experience

Bashontee
08-09-10, 01:26 AM
Dear faisalbd2010,
Please read old information on AP,
you will find all your answers by reading those post.
Doa for you.

faisalbd2010
08-11-10, 04:13 AM
Oct 13, 2009

do u know anyone, gets AP or out of AP from Dhaka recently...?
actually its very few from Dhaka used to write in forum, so its very difficult to get the average waiting time for bd.

thank you
keep writing...

Did u get visa? If yes, when did u get? I attended interview at 26th July waiting for visa after AP. Thanks a lot.

faisalbd2010
08-11-10, 04:18 AM
All d ppl out thr waitin on ap, thr is hope, after all! Me and my wife were cleared exactly 7 days after our interview! Wow! I think few factors contributed to the expedited processing of which i will share next time. bol!:ok:

Can u please inform me about visa receiving procedure? How they contact with u and at the time of visa receiving which docs u took in embassy office? If u reply then it will be great regards for me.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum