US immigration forum
The Home of US Family Based Immigration Resources.
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.
familybasedimmigration.com is dedicated in bringing you the resources you will need to research your immigration process. Fiance(e), Spouse and Immediate Family Visas - Green Card.

I-844 form Affidavit of support

Hui
04-25-10, 11:22 AM
May I ask you a question: what can I do if I can not find a joint sponsor for my intending immigrant after they first time the visa interview can not passed at guangzhou China? the officer said they did not accept any assets for affidavit of support, if the petitioner the current income can not matching the current federal poverty guideline need, they need to have a joint sponsor. but I do not understand why? because according to instruction of I-864 form(affidavit of support) they said if petitioner the current income do not match the current federal poverty guideline 125% , they can use they assets (assets count as 5 times), I know my Assets($586,000) over my 12 household size need, but the office still need me had to have a joint sponsor.

do you think I should resubmit my updated new affidavit of support form and write a explain letter to them why they do not accept my assets for my affidavit of support for my intending immigrant( my brother)?

sincerely

Hui

vietnamkid
04-25-10, 01:25 PM
How liquid are your assets? Can they converted into cash quickly?

Don't include the house you live in because it can't be converted into cash quickly.

The CO has deemed your assets insufficient. My guess is because your assets includes your house.

You have been told what to do; get a joint sponsor. You need one if you want the beneficiary to get a visa. At this point, no joint sponsor means no visa.

Hui
04-25-10, 02:11 PM
My Assets have only just cash like checking account, saving account, certificate of deposit(CD), and stocks, and retirement accounts. no house at all.and I filed 3 set of Affidavit of Support form for my 3 sister's and brother's family, all 3 set form the information was the same thing, and my two sisters first time interview was approval, only my brother was denied, that i don't understand why he was denied, because according to my affidavit of support form, my assets was over and above the poverty guideline 125%.

Noorah101
04-26-10, 10:39 AM
It's up to the ConOff what to accept and not accept. If the ConOff feels, for whatever reason, that your savings is not enough, she has the authority to ask you to provide something more. In this case, she has asked you to provide a joint sponsor.

You can continue asking "why", but the answer is "because the ConOff has the final word on it".

Perhaps she feels your stocks, retirement accounts, and CD's cannot actually be liquidated in one year at that value.

Rene

Raven
04-26-10, 12:17 PM
May I ask you a question: what can I do if I can not find a joint sponsor for my intending immigrant after they first time the visa interview can not passed at guangzhou China? the officer said they did not accept any assets for affidavit of support, if the petitioner the current income can not matching the current federal poverty guideline need, they need to have a joint sponsor. but I do not understand why? because according to instruction of I-864 form(affidavit of support) they said if petitioner the current income do not match the current federal poverty guideline 125% , they can use they assets (assets count as 5 times), I know my Assets($586,000) over my 12 household size need, but the office still need me had to have a joint sponsor.

do you think I should resubmit my updated new affidavit of support form and write a explain letter to them why they do not accept my assets for my affidavit of support for my intending immigrant( my brother)?
I think you should have a consultation with an immigration attorney to review your fianancial situation, and how you presented it with the I-864 and supporting documents.

Hui
04-27-10, 07:27 PM
Since they denied my affidavit of support for my intending immigrant on 04/12/2010, I resubmit my new updated documentations today, how long should i hear from they about my result, if they approve or deny it, should I receive any the mail from them?

Noorah101
04-28-10, 02:02 PM
There is no way of knowing how long it will take for them to receive the new I-864, review it, and make a decision.

Yes, you can expect to hear from them eventually, either via email if they have your email address, or regular mail at your physical address.

Rene

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum