US immigration forum
The Home of US Family Based Immigration Resources.
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.
familybasedimmigration.com is dedicated in bringing you the resources you will need to research your immigration process. Fiance(e), Spouse and Immediate Family Visas - Green Card.

who's the principal immigrant in I864

csiq
06-17-10, 12:56 PM
In part 2 item 2 of I864, I need to indicate who's the principal immigrant. does it mean I need to choose one of my parent to be the primary beneficiary? If so and if I choose my mother to be the primary, then in my father's submitting case, I still need to fill in my mother's name in this item (instead of my father's)?

I like to confirm that. Thank you.

Raven
06-17-10, 02:16 PM
In part 2 item 2 of I864, I need to indicate who's the principal immigrant. does it mean I need to choose one of my parent to be the primary beneficiary? If so and if I choose my mother to be the primary, then in my father's submitting case, I still need to fill in my mother's name in this item (instead of my father's)?
The principal immigrant is the beneficiary of the petition.

In the case of parents of a US citizen, each needs their own I-130 and each needs their own I-864. They are both "principal immigrant".

csiq
06-17-10, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=csiq;65353]
In the case of parents of a US citizen, each needs their own I-130 and each needs their own I-864. They are both "principal immigrant".

You are righ Raven. I think in the wrong way. What I think in my case is that NVC requires one applicant (father or mother) to be the primary beneficiary in case that a sponsor is unable to fully support both of them. As a result, only one person can get the visa before the sponsor's financial situation is strong enough to support another.

Raven
06-17-10, 04:42 PM
[QUOTE=csiq;65353]

... What I think in my case is that NVC requires one applicant (father or mother) to be the primary beneficiary in case that a sponsor is unable to fully support both of them. As a result, only one person can get the visa before the sponsor's financial situation is strong enough to support another.
There's an app for this - Joint Sponsor

NVC requires what the law tells it to require, which is what I wrote previously - the beneficiary of the petition is the primary applicant for the I-864. If there should happen to be any derivative beneficiaries of a petition - which there are not in this case - the beneficiary of the petition is still the primary applicant for the I-864.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum