US immigration forum
The Home of US Family Based Immigration Resources.
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.
familybasedimmigration.com is dedicated in bringing you the resources you will need to research your immigration process. Fiance(e), Spouse and Immediate Family Visas - Green Card.

Status check with case number

singh1304
08-12-10, 07:50 AM
My sister (US citizen) filed I-130 petition for me (beneficiary). Unfortunately she has lost papers related to the petition. However, I have an approval letter with me in which my case number has been mentioned starting with NWD_ _ _ (I believe it stands for New Delhi). Visa priority date has been mentioned as Mar 17, 2003.

My question is whether I can use this case number to check the status of my case ? If not what is the procedure to know the receipt number since I have only case number and priority date available with me. Pl guide.:S

sunilkumars
08-12-10, 09:11 AM
if you know the case number, then why you need the recipt number? You can call nvc and they will give you your case status if you know the case number, applicants name, date of birth and petitioners name and bate of birth

singh1304
08-12-10, 10:31 PM
if you know the case number, then why you need the recipt number? You can call nvc and they will give you your case status if you know the case number, applicants name, date of birth and petitioners name and bate of birth

I want to check the status on-line as priority is not going to be current soon as per the trend.

sunilkumars
08-12-10, 11:49 PM
hi singh1304 ...you send a check when you filed the application with uscis..right..Call your bank and see weather your bank has an image of that check. the nvc post your case number at the back of your cleared check

Dharmesh
08-13-10, 04:31 AM

I want to check the status on-line as priority is not going to be current soon as per the trend.

There is n way you can check your case status online, only way is to call or send email to NVC, as you have case number (NWD..) petition was approved and it will remain with NVC till your PD is about to current....

puru444
08-13-10, 05:34 AM
My sister (US citizen) filed I-130 petition for me (beneficiary). Unfortunately she has lost papers related to the petition. However, I have an approval letter with me in which my case number has been mentioned starting with NWD_ _ _ (I believe it stands for New Delhi). Visa priority date has been mentioned as Mar 17, 2003.

My question is whether I can use this case number to check the status of my case ? If not what is the procedure to know the receipt number since I have only case number and priority date available with me. Pl guide.:S

Ur application is approved and NVC has operating urcase now. There is nothing to deal with uscis, I-130's related things has no such value if it is approved. Ur information like:

Petition's Name and Date of Birth
Applicant's Name and Date of Birth
Petitioner Address and Applicant Address

All these information they need at the time ur sister filed ur petition. More necessary informations will be asked by NVC during consular procession when ur pd is abt to be current. Don't worry its not a big deal at all. But remember one thing except names and date of birth of both parties (Petitioner and Applicant) addresses of both of u is subject to change. Inform NVC if there is change in address of u or ur sister. U need to mention in DS-230 form ur complete biographic details including ur current addresses they wont ask anything related to I-130, they wont even talk abt it. Now, ur Case number (NWD ............) is a main thing to keep remember and all other necessary documents related to ur case. Avoid NVC to touch ur case file related to these kinds of things because this might can delay ur case.

puru444
08-13-10, 05:44 AM

One more thing ur pd is 17 months ahead from current pd which could be current in 12-15 month's time or may be before. Its not possible to track ur case when its with NVC untill if it is not open (open means when they send u the first correspondence containing DS-3032). NVC always suggest to visit Visa Bulletin because all approved applications are completed and there is no need to contact them unless there is a change in any necessary information like change of address and contact details. So, just be relaxed and wait, it is normal and soon u will receive ur first packet.......... :)

singh1304
08-13-10, 09:47 PM
Thanks to all of you for the valuable information. I thinks I should wait for another year or so and then contact NVC if no intimation is received. Thanks again.:)

chohan
08-23-10, 12:13 AM
you can see uscis web site there is no option to check status of family your turn will come in coming year 2011

vietnamkid
08-23-10, 12:21 AM
you can see uscis web site there is no option to check status of family your turn will come in coming year 2011

What does USCIS have to do with the case at this point? Nothing.

The case has already been approved. He can check with the NVC. That has already been pointed out to the OP.

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum