US immigration forum
The Home of US Family Based Immigration Resources.
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.
familybasedimmigration.com is dedicated in bringing you the resources you will need to research your immigration process. Fiance(e), Spouse and Immediate Family Visas - Green Card.

DS-230 Sending Address

suvro
08-19-10, 12:59 AM
I am little bit confused about the address to send DS-230 form (including civil documents).

The checklist letter barcode sheet shows the address:
National Visa Center
ATTN. DR
31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

However, IV FEE document cover sheet shows the address:
National Visa Center
ATTN. CMR

The Difference is in ATTN. Option. Which one should I use? CMR or DR? Indeed, I dont know what does CMR/DR mean.

Thanks in advance.

ImranS
08-19-10, 01:56 AM
Send to "CMR" as per document cover sheet, also note in cover sheet 31 Rochester Avenue changed to 32 Rochester Avenue

ImranS
08-19-10, 02:05 AM
Please note sending documents with attention to CMR is only when you are sending 1st time. In case you have already send your documents to NVC and you are now responding to any checklist REF then you need to send to the attention of "DR".

lynie12
08-19-10, 02:06 AM
I am little bit confused about the address to send DS-230 form (including civil documents).

The checklist letter barcode sheet shows the address:
National Visa Center
ATTN. DR

this is the address were your goin to send additional documents asked by the NVC

However, IV FEE document cover sheet shows the address:
National Visa Center
ATTN. CMR

this is the address were initially you pass all your civil documents including DS-230 part I and II
The Difference is in ATTN. Option. Which one should I use? CMR or DR? Indeed, I dont know what does CMR/DR mean.

Thanks in advance.

gracious~lady
08-19-10, 03:20 AM
Please note sending documents with attention to CMR is only when you are sending 1st time. In case you have already send your documents to NVC and you are now responding to any checklist REF then you need to send to the attention of "DR".

This happens also--when the petitioner already sent the Affidavit of Support and the beneficiary has not sent the DS-230 plus docs, both the petitioner and the beneficiary will receive thru email a checklist cover letter telling that the AOS has been received, but they are still waiting for the IV application (DS-230) and docs. The accompanying barcoded checklist response is addressed Attn. DR.

If that is the case, I think the DS-230 & docs, including a copy of that checklist cover letter, should be sent to the address Attn. DR even sending it for the first time. I'm not sure though if I was right.:S

gracious~lady
08-19-10, 03:27 AM
Send to "CMR" as per document cover sheet, also note in cover sheet 31 Rochester Avenue changed to 32 Rochester Avenue

I hope you meant, 31 Rochester Avenue is the current address.

suvro
08-19-10, 06:05 AM

This happens also--when the petitioner already sent the Affidavit of Support and the beneficiary has not sent the DS-230 plus docs, both the petitioner and the beneficiary will receive thru email a checklist cover letter telling that the AOS has been received, but they are still waiting for the IV application (DS-230) and docs. The accompanying barcoded checklist response is addressed Attn. DR.

If that is the case, I think the DS-230 & docs, including a copy of that checklist cover letter, should be sent to the address Attn. DR even sending it for the first time. I'm not sure though if I was right.:S

You are correct. I am absolutely in the same situation as you have mentioned.

gracious~lady
08-19-10, 06:14 AM
You are correct. I am absolutely in the same situation as you have mentioned.

Well, welcome to the club! I have read from an old thread that:

"It makes absolutely no difference what you write as the address other than the 03801-2909 zip code. With that 9-digit 'zip+4' code your mail piece will go to the same place no matter what else is written on the envelope."

So, I will be sending mine to the address Attn. DR but will be enclosing both cover sheets.

Trust that quoted info. That was from Raven.:yes:

http://www.familybasedimmigration.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-6000.html

suvro
08-19-10, 06:20 AM

Thanks Imrans.

My document cover sheet and checklist barcode sheet show that the address is 31 Rochester Avenue. Why should I write 32 Rochester Avenue? Is the address currently changed? Can you please provide any reference (NVC website).

Thanks once again.

suvro
08-19-10, 06:23 AM
Ohh great...
Thanks gracious~lady

ImranS
08-19-10, 06:23 AM
I received barcode sheet with address 32, so i guess 31 & 32 both are valid, you should send at the address which is written at your barcode sheet

Raven
08-19-10, 10:10 AM
So, I will be sending mine to the address Attn. DR but will be enclosing both cover sheets.

The "Attn ..." part of the address is for internal handling within the NVC, to make it easier for the clerical staff to know what to do with the package - is it an initial submission of documents or an additional submission of documents.

As long as there is a cover sheet with a bar code on it they will figure out what to do with the submission.

Raven
08-19-10, 10:16 AM
I received barcode sheet with address 32, so i guess 31 & 32 both are valid, you should send at the address which is written at your barcode sheet

31 or 32 makes no difference as long as the full 9-digit zip code is used. You could address the package to Santa Claus at the North Pole, and as long as the 03801-2909 is legible the package will go to the NVC in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

No human being is going to look at the written address until the package is in the NVC mailroom. Optical scanning machines are going to read the 9-digit zip code and print a corresponding bar code on the envelope. Then other optical scanning machines are going to read the bar code and send the package to no place other than the NVC.

gracious~lady
08-19-10, 10:40 PM
The "Attn ..." part of the address is for internal handling within the NVC, to make it easier for the clerical staff to know what to do with the package - is it an initial submission of documents or an additional submission of documents.

This will be an initial submission of documents for DS-230. But the cover letter response says to include the checklist letter with the barcoded CLR when sending the missing documents (which is the complete IV application docs).

As long as there is a cover sheet with a bar code on it they will figure out what to do with the submission.

As I am planning to send my docs with both the checklist letter response and the IV fee cover sheets with different "Attns..." to the department "DR", I hope I won't cause any mix-up. I trust clerks are smart enough to figure it out.

tituagarwal
08-20-10, 05:22 AM
i had sent in my I864 earlier therefore I received the Letter for missing Documents Thats the Address I used to courier i.e. ATTn Dr. for filling my DS 230 .. Hope Its OK

suvro
08-20-10, 09:04 AM
You guys are great. A lot of responses. Thanks a lot.

monisriz
09-19-10, 02:54 AM
I just received via email a Checklist Response Letter along with the barcode sheet. NVC seems to have half-fixed the issue of difference of addresses. On both, the checklist letter as well as on the barcode sheet downloaded from online payment page, the addresses start with "Attn: CMR".

However, the difference now is in the 9-digit zip code.
Document cover sheet (online payment page): 03801-2909
Barcode sheet (checklist letter) : 03801-2914

As per Raven, as long as zip code is same it shouldn't be an issue but now the zip codes are different. What to do?

ImranS
09-19-10, 05:13 AM
follow address of the checklist

thea
09-19-10, 09:16 PM
I am in the process of sending off my ds230 and my cover sheet says CMR so i think thats where it should go

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum