US immigration forum
The Home of US Family Based Immigration Resources.
Thank you for visiting. This is our website archive. Please visit our main website by clicking the banner above.
familybasedimmigration.com is dedicated in bringing you the resources you will need to research your immigration process. Fiance(e), Spouse and Immediate Family Visas - Green Card.

What happens after my I 130 has been approved

lisacath28
10-18-10, 02:58 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help I got the following notification from the USCIS:

Post Decision Activity
On September 9, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations

Can you please advise what happens next as I havent heard anything since this.

Thanks

ARASHH
10-18-10, 03:45 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help I got the following notification from the USCIS:

Post Decision Activity
On September 9, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations

Thanks

after approval it goes to NVC(national visa center) then NVC contacts the intending immigrant before few month of petition date is current(note: priority date is for the intending immigrant who is petitioned by LPR( legal permanent resident)

nowdays NVC contacts through email for faster processing so if u dont have ur email address registerd with ur petition file do it asap..

NVC tells what to do next

Raven
10-18-10, 10:52 AM
Hi All,

Post Decision Activity

That depends on what your situation is. You've posted in the NVC section of the forum, which implies that you will apply for an immigrant visa, but your profile information says that you will apply for adjustment of status. Please clarify.

Whichever, please read the Guides & Flowcharts on this web site. That will give you the basics.

iven3212003
10-21-10, 10:02 PM
F2B in Canada from Mom who is PR
Please I need help with my F2B case as well - Some of the facts of my case are -

Mom Permanent Resident applied for me Son over 21 unmarrried.
Priority date - May 2006
I 130 approved in 2009..
I am living in Canada for last 8 years and iam Indian Citizen still.

I need to know the following -
When the priority date will become current (estimate offcourse?)
What is going to happen when the priority date becomes current? Is NVC going to send in documents before it becomes current?
How long it takes from the date priority becomes current to the date we get our green card?

Thanks so much and i will really appreciate all the answers.

bhargav00200
10-22-10, 01:37 AM
Hi

There was petitioned an immigration file for my father in July-2006 in f-4 family preference.
In Aug-2010, uscis mailed which describes that petition has been sent to National Visa Center.
Oct-2010, i called to NVC and by using INS receipt number, i could get case number form NVC.

now i am very eager to know that what will happen and what NVC will do next.

I have already turn out 21 when uscis approved petition.

please help me, i want to use the benefit of CSPA rule.

donddon
10-22-10, 01:14 PM
F2B in Canada from Mom who is PR
Please I need help with my F2B case as well - Some of the facts of my case are -

Mom Permanent Resident applied for me Son over 21 unmarrried.
Priority date - May 2006
I 130 approved in 2009..
I am living in Canada for last 8 years and iam Indian Citizen still.

I need to know the following -
When the priority date will become current (estimate offcourse?)
What is going to happen when the priority date becomes current? Is NVC going to send in documents before it becomes current?
How long it takes from the date priority becomes current to the date we get our green card?

Thanks so much and i will really appreciate all the answers.

1st stop hijacking someone else's thread start your own.

2nd http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5172.html familiarize yourself especially under F2B category.

iven3212003
10-24-10, 12:12 AM
Hey sorry dude that wasnt my intention to hijack anyone's thread. But I will read and get myself familiarize myself with that site u gave me. And I tried to make my own post but just didnt know how to get the done. Which is why i posted here, but again my apologies.

Shenouda
10-24-10, 09:24 AM
hi i hope to help me my wife Made the request so that I can live with it in the United States sent a 130 and got the approval and after 4 weeks just got back from an international Visa Center CHOICE OF ADDRES AGENT & WE SENT it online & pay fee online too $88 & i know that done so i sent my suppourt & my docoument like (The marriage contract and birth certificate and the position of recruitment and criminal record) & pay fee $404 by the way i send my suppourt & this docoument by mail my question is in this step how long time i will wait??????
( my waif is Permanent Resident not u.s citizen)
some body tell to me it tack for 3-4 month & some body tell me nooooo it tack long long time coz ur wife is Permanent Resident
& approval my pay fee for $ 88 for suppourt & post my docoument that mean that really very soooooon 3-4 monthes ????

kevin_shah1981
10-24-10, 03:32 PM
hi sir,
i am worried coz while i am checking my file status its shows this. whenever my wife call on customer service center they say check website.
pls guide me what will next step and how long it take cake a time ?

On May 19, 2010, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

thank you.

Raven
10-25-10, 10:36 AM
Incredible - a thread with only 9 posts and 4 of them are hijacks!

Special honors go to the 2 hijackers who hijacked after the 1st hijacker was chastised for the inappropriate behavior. :whistle: :rolleyes:

diphen
11-01-10, 12:03 AM
Hi All,

Post Decision Activity

Thanks

Now you are in NVC ........NVC receives I-130 approval from the USCIS. Do not wait for I-130 approval notice from the USCIS. Dial (603) 334-0700 to check NVC’s Automated Voice Response system ( NVC's AVR). You need your I-130 Receipt Number to check the status.

After your NVC Case Number has been assigned, speak to an operator. Give them your own e-mail address as well as your spouse's e-mail address. They will then e-mail your choice of agent form and your fee bills once they are created.

Hopefully this will help

sanluisdavid
12-26-10, 01:48 PM
I thought after you received notice that the I130 was approved, you needed to complete the I129f if it was your spouse? That is what it says on the USCIS.gov site as of this morning.

Under the I-129F information on the USCIS.gov site, directly under the part where it tells that the filing fee is $340, it has the following information:

Special Instructions :
U.S. Citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must include a copy of the Form I-797C, Notice of Action, showing they have filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of their spouse listed on the form.In addition, they must provide a marriage certificate, evidencing the legal marriage between the U.S. citizen and the alien.

Raven
12-27-10, 11:32 AM
I thought after you received notice that the I130 was approved, you needed to complete the I129f if it was your spouse? That is what it says on the USCIS.gov site as of this morning.

Under the I-129F information on the USCIS.gov site, directly under the part where it tells that the filing fee is $340, it has the following information:

Special Instructions :
U.S. Citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must include a copy of the Form I-797C, Notice of Action, showing they have filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of their spouse listed on the form.In addition, they must provide a marriage certificate, evidencing the legal marriage between the U.S. citizen and the alien.
After I-130 is approved it is useless to submit an I-129f to petition for a K3 visa - a K3 visa is no longer available once I-130 is approved.

Noorah101
12-28-10, 04:22 PM
Not after the I-130 is approved. After the I-130 is FILED. And, that's only if you want to pursue a K-3 visa, which is no longer the best way to immigrate to the USA. Filing the I-129F is not a requirement, it's an alternative, and that alternative no longer serves the purpose it did several years ago.

Special Instructions :
Note that it says FILED. Not approved.

Rene

EZ Archive Ads Plugin for vBulletin Copyright 2006 Computer Help Forum