Effective November 23rd 2010 - USCIS Fee Increases and Fee Reductions. - Please see HERE                  Fact Sheet - New USCIS.gov Features Improve Customer Service - Please see HERE                  Current - Revised Filing Instructions for Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative - Please see HERE                  Beginning Aug. 3, 2010 - Change of Filing Location for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) - Please see HERE                  June 2010 - USCIS Seeks Public Comment on Proposal to Adjust Fees for Immigration Benefits: Fact Sheet - Please see HERE and also Questions & Answers                  Audio CD of the Redesigned U.S. Naturalization Test - Please see Citizenship Tools                  Effective Jan. 22, 2009 - USCIS Revised Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) See HERE                  Update: Biometric Changes For Re-entry Permits - Effective March 5, 2008 - See HERE                  New Filing Instructions Form I-130 Effective Immediately - USCIS Update January 18, 2008 - See HERE                  HUGE!! Naturalization Delay Ruling - February 8, 2008... See HERE                  Receipt Delays - Questions and Answers from USCIS - Updated February 16, 2008... See HERE                  How Is It Working For You? The CIS Ombudsman’s Community Call-In Teleconference Series - Upcoming Teleconferences See HERE                  Visa Fee Increase Effective January 1, 2008 - See HERE                  Resubmission After Erroneous Rejection for Improper Fees - How to? See HERE                  One to watch - Bill introduced Jan 4, 2007 - H.R. 78: American Child Support Enforcement Immigration Act of 2006. Read more HERE                
Family Based Immigration Forums
Tax transcripts from the IRS are fast, free and available with a simple phonecall. They are also preferred for immigration submissions.
Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040 and order multiple years with one call.

Please click the green todays tip button to read all our tips for the petition, visa, and immigration processes

Welcome to the Family Based Immigration Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to all our features. By joining our friendly, free community you will have access to post questions, share immigration experiences, as well as access to many other features such as the Search function, recent posts, chat, etc. We are a community built on experiences, so please share yours so others can benefit from them now and in the future. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today by Registering here.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NOTICE TO THOSE REGISTERING ONLY TO SPAM AND/OR ADD LINKS: Whilst I understand the need for links to your websites, please don't waste your time and energy here. This website is set up so there is nowhere to place links in profiles. Members must also have a designated amount of posts before being able to use signatures or the private msg or email system, so you can't use those either for your links. Spam posts are removed immediately. We run a tight ship :)

Downloads & Example Forms Guides & Flowcharts What Is...? Sample Documents Citizenship Tools
Go Back   Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 2 - NATIONAL VISA CENTER > NVC General Discussion - Stage 2 > I-130 Petition - NVC Process for an Immigrant Visa
Forgotten your Password?
Register Mark Forums Read

Phone cards with the best rates and quality

NVC - Is there any case number to track application with NVC

I-130 Petition - NVC Process for an Immigrant Visa

Old 11-22-10, 10:03 AM   #1

Residence: QATAR
Consulate: Lagos, Nigeria
Filed for: IV

Filed with: N/A

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 0
NVC - Is there any case number to track application with NVC

I am a Nigerian my brother who is a Citizen in the United State filled L130 for me and it was approved from USCIS on the 30th of Aug this year and forwarded to NVC, i want know if i can track the application with and how long does that take to send the me the form to fill for interview date with the embasy in Lagos Nigeria
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-22-10, 10:14 AM   #2
Diamond Member

Residence: USA
Consulate: Ankara
Filed for: K-1

Filed with: CSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 820
Thumbs Up 1,960 Times in 1,376 Posts
No, you cannot track progress at NVC.

You can check the visa bulletin to see how long your category is estimated to take until your priority date becomes current. The I-130 approval date is not really important...it's the I-130 filing date that's important.

Rene
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noorah101 For This Useful Post:
Chicagorj (11-23-10), Raven (11-22-10)

Old 11-22-10, 10:40 AM   #3

thanks

Rene, i am the application while my brother is the one that filled the application, do u know how long those that take before NVC can communicate anyone of us both the application and petitioner
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to adexabove For This Useful Post:
puru444 (11-22-10)

Old 11-22-10, 11:28 AM   #4
Banned

Residence: India
Consulate: New Delhi
Preference: F2
Priority Date: 17 Dec 08

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 235
Thumbs Up 239 Times in 145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adexabove View Post
Rene, i am the application while my brother is the one that filled the application, do u know how long those that take before NVC can communicate anyone of us both the application and petitioner

Ur petition is approved and now at NVC under F4 category, it takes usually 10-11 years in getting visa or interview at ur consulate.
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to puru444 For This Useful Post:
sngoma (01-30-13)

Old 11-22-10, 03:24 PM   #5
Diamond Member

The NVC will get in touch with you about a year before the priority date becomes current.

Did you look at the Visa Bulletin as I suggested, to see what the backlog is in the sibling category?

You also might want to correct your profle to say "IV" (Immigrant Visa) rather than AOS/I-130 which means adjustment of status from within the USA.

Rene
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noorah101 For This Useful Post:
Chicagorj (11-23-10), Raven (11-22-10), sngoma (01-30-13)

Old 11-22-10, 05:38 PM   #6

i am so glad

Rene,
how would i trace the visa bulleting stuff and also where can i change my profile to L130 immigrant visa.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-22-10, 08:54 PM   #7
Diamond Member

Quote:
Rene,
how would i trace the visa bulleting stuff and also where can i change my profile to L130 immigrant visa.

Visa Bulletin website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulleti...etin_5197.html

You can change your profile the same way you set it up originally, I would imagine.

By the way, it's I-130 (not L-130).

Rene
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noorah101 For This Useful Post:
Chicagorj (11-23-10), puru444 (11-23-10), Raven (11-23-10)

Old 11-23-10, 06:56 PM   #8

thanks rene
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-24-10, 02:24 PM   #9
Star Member

Consulate: Ciudad Juárez

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 24
Thumbs Up 39 Times in 31 Posts
Quote:
puru444;79588Ur petition is approved and now at NVC under F4 category, it takes usually 10-11 years in getting visa or interview at ur consulate.

are you for real dude!

Did you understand his question.He does not need you telling him he has 10-11 years for a visa # to be available.He has not provided his PD so you dont know whether it is current or close to be current.Dont put people down like this dude,not cool.
"pssh no need to worry about your NVC case# right now,you got 11 years to wait"
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-25-10, 12:07 AM   #10

Residence: Pakistan
Consulate: Islamabad
Priority Date: Aug 2009

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 28
Thumbs Up 18 Times in 16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by puru444 View Post
Quote:

Ur petition is approved and now at NVC under F4 category, it takes usually 10-11 years in getting visa or interview at ur consulate.

Hey brother how are you doing today if F4 category that much time I was thinking that how much time does urs mine F2B category takes from filing a petition till getting a immigration visa?. Guess that in old time frame where dates moves slowly and also in modern scenario where dates moves much faster.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-25-10, 12:52 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donddon View Post
Quote:
puru444;79588Ur petition is approved and now at NVC under F4 category, it takes usually 10-11 years in getting visa or interview at ur consulate.

are you for real dude!

Did you understand his question.He does not need you telling him he has 10-11 years for a visa # to be available.He has not provided his PD so you dont know whether it is current or close to be current.Dont put people down like this dude,not cool.

Mr. donddon

U need to check his comments and should understand them properly before giving me these advices. He wanted to know the average waiting time of F4 category, i told him the basic idea or the average waiting time which is 10-11 years and it is not a LIE or i am not supposed to misguide someone.

Here, my previous comment on which u have raised an objection, u need to go through it again:

Ur petition is approved and now at NVC under F4 category,
(This was regarding his case wat he mentioned already first)

it takes usually 10-11 years in getting visa or interview at ur consulate.
(This was regarding F4 category which is usually takes 10-11 years (Source: Visa Bulletin Archives, NVC knows better than us.))

U need to read whole thread again including his all comments before giving me ur WISE ADVICE. Thanx n have a nice day.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-25-10, 01:02 AM   #12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansoor007 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Hey brother how are you doing today if F4 category that much time I was thinking that how much time does urs mine F2B category takes from filing a petition till getting a immigration visa?. Guess that in old time frame where dates moves slowly and also in modern scenario where dates moves much faster.

Hey buddy, im good. Wassup?? Well, consider both scenarios (Slow and fast movements) i consider mine to be done somewhere between 1st quarter to 3rd quarter of 2012. U can make ur own on this rough estimate.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-25-10, 02:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey buddy, im good. Wassup?? Well, consider both scenarios (Slow and fast movements) i consider mine to be done somewhere between 1st quarter to 3rd quarter of 2012. U can make ur own on this rough estimate.
Mine is coming in the first month of 2013 if date moves for 2 months after every month, on this base I calculate this time. What ratio u calculate for each month movement in ur estimate?.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-25-10, 02:37 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mine is coming in the first month of 2013 if date moves for 2 months after every month, on this base I calculate this time. What ratio u calculate for each month movement in ur estimate?.

My estimations are based on very lengthy and typical statistical approaches, but here i can give u the averages of F2b in 2008 (1.3), 2009 (1.5) and 2010 (3.5) = 2.1 Ur estimate is quite accurate, but take it as 2.5 from now on, because FY 2008 and 2009 was a beginning of the speedy process whereas FY 2010 responsible for a big time hunter alone I think in worst scenario, FY 2011 will end with 2.5 at least, but its better if we interpret less rather than more which sounds realistic and avoid the disappointments. Lets c wat happens in New Year
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to puru444 For This Useful Post:
mansoor007 (11-25-10)

Old 11-25-10, 03:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My estimations are based on very lengthy and typical statistical approaches, but here i can give u the averages of F2b in 2008 (1.3), 2009 (1.5) and 2010 (3.5) = 2.1 Ur estimate is quite accurate, but take it as 2.5 from now on, because FY 2008 and 2009 was a beginning of the speedy process whereas FY 2010 responsible for a big time hunter alone I think in worst scenario, FY 2011 will end with 2.5 at least, but its better if we interpret less rather than more which sounds realistic and avoid the disappointments. Lets c wat happens in New Year
In the end hope for the best and pray for you and for everybody to get home early cheers and most importantly join their family members which is ultimate goal for everybody around here.
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to mansoor007 For This Useful Post:
puru444 (11-25-10)

Old 11-27-10, 04:11 PM   #16

thank you all, with the latest calculation for F4 in 2009 it can not be 10 years again it will be lesser than 10 years?
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-28-10, 02:12 AM   #17
Banned

Quote:
thank you all, with the latest calculation for F4 in 2009 it can not be 10 years again it will be lesser than 10 years?

Yes, but no body knows what will happen in future so don't be sure about this timeline it could be increase or decrease by 1-3 years.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-28-10, 04:23 AM   #18
Star Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

are you for real dude!

Again....So what is his priority date??

Mr. donddon

U need to check his comments and should understand them properly before giving me these advices. He wanted to know the average waiting time of F4 category, i told him the basic idea or the average waiting time which is 10-11 years and it is not a LIE or i am not supposed to misguide someone.

Here, my previous comment on which u have raised an objection, u need to go through it again:

(This was regarding F4 category which is usually takes 10-11 years (Source: Visa Bulletin Archives, NVC knows better than us.))

U need to read whole thread again including his all comments before giving me ur WISE ADVICE. Thanx n have a nice day.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 11-29-10, 05:05 PM   #19
Star Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

are you for real dude!

Again....So what is his priority date??

Mr. donddon

so if the good sir has not furnished you with his priority date how then would you conclude he has 10-11 years to wait,note if you read his post,he is not asking how long he has to wait for his case to be completed....understand the question.forms my friend forms,how long does it take for NVC to send forms,get it?
  Reply With Quote Top

Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 2 - NATIONAL VISA CENTER > NVC General Discussion - Stage 2 > I-130 Petition - NVC Process for an Immigrant Visa

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1241 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.