Effective November 23rd 2010 - USCIS Fee Increases and Fee Reductions. - Please see HERE                  Fact Sheet - New USCIS.gov Features Improve Customer Service - Please see HERE                  Current - Revised Filing Instructions for Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative - Please see HERE                  Beginning Aug. 3, 2010 - Change of Filing Location for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) - Please see HERE                  June 2010 - USCIS Seeks Public Comment on Proposal to Adjust Fees for Immigration Benefits: Fact Sheet - Please see HERE and also Questions & Answers                  Audio CD of the Redesigned U.S. Naturalization Test - Please see Citizenship Tools                  Effective Jan. 22, 2009 - USCIS Revised Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) See HERE                  Update: Biometric Changes For Re-entry Permits - Effective March 5, 2008 - See HERE                  New Filing Instructions Form I-130 Effective Immediately - USCIS Update January 18, 2008 - See HERE                  HUGE!! Naturalization Delay Ruling - February 8, 2008... See HERE                  Receipt Delays - Questions and Answers from USCIS - Updated February 16, 2008... See HERE                  How Is It Working For You? The CIS Ombudsman’s Community Call-In Teleconference Series - Upcoming Teleconferences See HERE                  Visa Fee Increase Effective January 1, 2008 - See HERE                  Resubmission After Erroneous Rejection for Improper Fees - How to? See HERE                  One to watch - Bill introduced Jan 4, 2007 - H.R. 78: American Child Support Enforcement Immigration Act of 2006. Read more HERE                
Family Based Immigration Forums
Tax transcripts from the IRS are fast, free and available with a simple phonecall. They are also preferred for immigration submissions.
Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040 and order multiple years with one call.

Please click the green todays tip button to read all our tips for the petition, visa, and immigration processes

Welcome to the Family Based Immigration Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to all our features. By joining our friendly, free community you will have access to post questions, share immigration experiences, as well as access to many other features such as the Search function, recent posts, chat, etc. We are a community built on experiences, so please share yours so others can benefit from them now and in the future. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today by Registering here.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NOTICE TO THOSE REGISTERING ONLY TO SPAM AND/OR ADD LINKS: Whilst I understand the need for links to your websites, please don't waste your time and energy here. This website is set up so there is nowhere to place links in profiles. Members must also have a designated amount of posts before being able to use signatures or the private msg or email system, so you can't use those either for your links. Spam posts are removed immediately. We run a tight ship :)

Downloads & Example Forms Guides & Flowcharts What Is...? Sample Documents Citizenship Tools
Go Back   Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 1 - USCIS SERVICE CENTERS > USCIS General Discussion - Stage 1 > I-129F Fiancé(e) Petition (USC) - for K1 visa
Forgotten your Password?
Register Mark Forums Read

Phone cards with the best rates and quality

I-129F Fiance(e) - statement of intent to marry section (Q???)

I-129F Fiancé(e) Petition (USC) - for K1 visa

Old 01-18-08, 07:46 PM   #1

Residence: USA
Consulate: OSLO, NORWAY
Filed for: K-1

Filed with: N/A

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 7
I-129F Fiance(e) - statement of intent to marry section (Q???)

hello, (regarding I-129F)

I was hoping to get some advice in what I should write on the "original statements from you and your fiancee whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his/her admission, and copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent"

.....what should this look like???

Thanks!!
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 01-18-08, 08:02 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Residence: US
Consulate: Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
Filed for: Naturalization

Filed with: NBC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 35
Thumbs Up 704 Times in 434 Posts
Something like this is all you need (from each of you)

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Service Center address

Date

To Whom It May concern:

I, _____, do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry ____and intend to do so within 90 days of my (or upon his/her) arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

Signed,

Signature and name printed
  Reply With Quote Top
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to KitKat For This Useful Post:
bobbienicole (01-18-08)

Old 01-19-08, 08:48 AM   #3
Gold Member

Consulate: Sydney, Australia
Filed for: Removing Conditions
Preference: N/A
Priority Date: N/A
Filed with: VSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 300
Thumbs Up 521 Times in 306 Posts
There is also a couple of examples for a 'letter of intent' in the top menu bar under 'Downloads & Example Forms'.

See Instructions for NVC Automated Response Service and Emailing Your Choice of Agent
Click here for Current Poverty Guidelines & I-864 Guidelines
An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.
Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks
Trouble with forms?? Download trial version of Adobe Acrobat Pro 7

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Have you told someone about familybasedimmigration.com forums today? For ideas see here

The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 01-19-08, 09:20 AM   #4

Consulate: Helsinki, Finland
Filed for: Removing Conditions

Filed with: VSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 99
Thumbs Up 129 Times in 106 Posts
Copies of evidence for this section could be stuff like engagement ring receipt and evidence of a bona fide relationship like letters, travel tickets, photos etc.

(I don't know if everyone does it like this, but I remember we had two sections of evidence in our I-129F package, one to prove we'd met in the last two years, the other to prove an ongoing relationship.)

Reply With Quote Top

Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 1 - USCIS SERVICE CENTERS > USCIS General Discussion - Stage 1 > I-129F Fiancé(e) Petition (USC) - for K1 visa

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2281 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.