Effective November 23rd 2010 - USCIS Fee Increases and Fee Reductions. - Please see HERE                  Fact Sheet - New USCIS.gov Features Improve Customer Service - Please see HERE                  Current - Revised Filing Instructions for Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative - Please see HERE                  Beginning Aug. 3, 2010 - Change of Filing Location for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) - Please see HERE                  June 2010 - USCIS Seeks Public Comment on Proposal to Adjust Fees for Immigration Benefits: Fact Sheet - Please see HERE and also Questions & Answers                  Audio CD of the Redesigned U.S. Naturalization Test - Please see Citizenship Tools                  Effective Jan. 22, 2009 - USCIS Revised Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) See HERE                  Update: Biometric Changes For Re-entry Permits - Effective March 5, 2008 - See HERE                  New Filing Instructions Form I-130 Effective Immediately - USCIS Update January 18, 2008 - See HERE                  HUGE!! Naturalization Delay Ruling - February 8, 2008... See HERE                  Receipt Delays - Questions and Answers from USCIS - Updated February 16, 2008... See HERE                  How Is It Working For You? The CIS Ombudsman’s Community Call-In Teleconference Series - Upcoming Teleconferences See HERE                  Visa Fee Increase Effective January 1, 2008 - See HERE                  Resubmission After Erroneous Rejection for Improper Fees - How to? See HERE                  One to watch - Bill introduced Jan 4, 2007 - H.R. 78: American Child Support Enforcement Immigration Act of 2006. Read more HERE                
Family Based Immigration Forums
Tax transcripts from the IRS are fast, free and available with a simple phonecall. They are also preferred for immigration submissions.
Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040 and order multiple years with one call.

Please click the green todays tip button to read all our tips for the petition, visa, and immigration processes

Welcome to the Family Based Immigration Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to all our features. By joining our friendly, free community you will have access to post questions, share immigration experiences, as well as access to many other features such as the Search function, recent posts, chat, etc. We are a community built on experiences, so please share yours so others can benefit from them now and in the future. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today by Registering here.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NOTICE TO THOSE REGISTERING ONLY TO SPAM AND/OR ADD LINKS: Whilst I understand the need for links to your websites, please don't waste your time and energy here. This website is set up so there is nowhere to place links in profiles. Members must also have a designated amount of posts before being able to use signatures or the private msg or email system, so you can't use those either for your links. Spam posts are removed immediately. We run a tight ship :)

Downloads & Example Forms Guides & Flowcharts What Is...? Sample Documents Citizenship Tools
Go Back   Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 3 - FOREIGN CONSULATES & EMBASSIES > Interview, Medical & Police Certificates > 221g Administrative Processing
Forgotten your Password?
Register Mark Forums Read

Phone cards with the best rates and quality

221g - Case forwarded to USCIS.....Islamabad

221g Administrative Processing

Old 04-25-08, 06:52 AM   #1

Residence: Pakistan
Consulate: US
Filed for: IV

Filed with: N/A

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 0
Thumbs Up 0 Times in 0 Posts
221g - Case forwarded to USCIS.....Islamabad

Hi everybody. I wanted to have some information abt AP. My case was denied in Oct 07 rite after my interview (immigrant visa - USC spouse), i was told to submit 601 waiver. When i completed my waiver approx after two months of the interview, i emailed embassy and found out that my case is in AP (i was surprised bcz they didnt tell me anything in interview abt AP). Anywayz after couple months, in Feb 08, i went to the embassy and finally submitted the waiver. Now i have been sending them emails and they have been replying to me that my case still pending for AP. However i replied them back asking the reasons for AP and how long it would take, to this they replied saying that my case has been forwarded to USCIS for further processing. What does that mean? Are cases in AP automatically forwaded to USCIS. How can i find out further about my case status? where to contact USCIS?

My case has already been denied. What else can they do? Oh by the way I left US on voluntary departure. My first entry in US in 97 on visitor visa at age 16...overstayed till 2002...left to Canada....returned to US in 2003 (EWI - released after paying bond) and finally left US on VD given by judge on time and reported to US embassy here in Pak after arriving.

Any advice....suggestion would be highly appreciated. i just want to end this dilema....its been about two yrs already...
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 04-26-08, 02:46 PM   #2

Residence: USA
Consulate: Montreal

Filed with: VSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 6
Thumbs Up 13 Times in 8 Posts
I answered your post on visa journey. . .but I have a question.

You say that you overstayed by more than a year and then reentered EWI, how are you eligible to file the waiver? Was your first overstay less than a year or were you actually inspected the second time you entered? Just curious.

My answer on the other forum was:

I cannot be sure as to how to answer this question, HOWEVER, once my husband's AP was over and they were processing his I-212 waiver, their standard answer to me was "further processing at USCIS" since the waivers are processed at with USCIS.

I think you need to get clarification, you need to make sure they are talking about the waiver (which they probably are) or if they have sent it back for revocation (hopefully not the situation.) I would try two things: call the State Dept number and ask them what the status says. Depending on the operator you can get a lot or no information. If they don't want to give you status, I have found if you prove that you are already well informed on the case they are more likely to give you more information. If you get an extraordinarily unhelpful operator, thank them, hang up and call again later. Calling State Dept Operators is really like playing roulette

If email/state dept requests for clarification don't get answered, this is something a Senate or House liaison would be very helpful with. If you are very specific in your request, the consulate will usually give a really specific response to the liaison and most liaisons usually don't mind doing status checks.
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 05-14-08, 09:33 PM   #3

Residence: usa
Consulate: Islamabad

Filed with: Consulate/Embassy

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 0
Thumbs Up 24 Times in 14 Posts
Mary,

I normally call Department of State Visa Office Washington D.C. for status on my husband administrative Processing. Is there any special number for USCIS I can call to check on his case. Also I have his Case no starting with ISL. I did go for infopass but was told I need a different number such as SRC to check his case. How do I get that number.

Asma Hanif
  Reply With Quote Top

Old 05-15-08, 08:39 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Residence: USA
Consulate: N/A
Filed for: Other

Filed with: TSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 759
Thumbs Up 817 Times in 522 Posts
Quote:
Mary,

I normally call Department of State Visa Office Washington D.C. for status on my husband administrative Processing. Is there any special number for USCIS I can call to check on his case. Also I have his Case no starting with ISL. I did go for infopass but was told I need a different number such as SRC to check his case. How do I get that number.

Asma Hanif

Asma, the only way to check on the process of a case at this point is with the embassy/consulate or DOS for any updated information. USCIS has nothing to do with the process at this point. Once the case goes to Islamabad the CO is the one that approves or denies your visa. USCIS would only be involved if the case is denied and sent back to the states.

SRC is the initials for the Texas service center and all that tells is the service center, type of petition, when it was filed, the date it was approved and nothing more. It will not have notes on it or anything since the case has already been approved and moved to Islamabad.
  Reply With Quote Top

Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 3 - FOREIGN CONSULATES & EMBASSIES > Interview, Medical & Police Certificates > 221g Administrative Processing

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 2165 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.