Effective November 23rd 2010 - USCIS Fee Increases and Fee Reductions. - Please see HERE                  Fact Sheet - New USCIS.gov Features Improve Customer Service - Please see HERE                  Current - Revised Filing Instructions for Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative - Please see HERE                  Beginning Aug. 3, 2010 - Change of Filing Location for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) - Please see HERE                  June 2010 - USCIS Seeks Public Comment on Proposal to Adjust Fees for Immigration Benefits: Fact Sheet - Please see HERE and also Questions & Answers                  Audio CD of the Redesigned U.S. Naturalization Test - Please see Citizenship Tools                  Effective Jan. 22, 2009 - USCIS Revised Direct Mail Program for the Application for Naturalization (Form N-400) See HERE                  Update: Biometric Changes For Re-entry Permits - Effective March 5, 2008 - See HERE                  New Filing Instructions Form I-130 Effective Immediately - USCIS Update January 18, 2008 - See HERE                  HUGE!! Naturalization Delay Ruling - February 8, 2008... See HERE                  Receipt Delays - Questions and Answers from USCIS - Updated February 16, 2008... See HERE                  How Is It Working For You? The CIS Ombudsman’s Community Call-In Teleconference Series - Upcoming Teleconferences See HERE                  Visa Fee Increase Effective January 1, 2008 - See HERE                  Resubmission After Erroneous Rejection for Improper Fees - How to? See HERE                  One to watch - Bill introduced Jan 4, 2007 - H.R. 78: American Child Support Enforcement Immigration Act of 2006. Read more HERE                
Family Based Immigration Forums
Tax transcripts from the IRS are fast, free and available with a simple phonecall. They are also preferred for immigration submissions.
Request transcripts by calling 1-800-829-1040 and order multiple years with one call.

Please click the green todays tip button to read all our tips for the petition, visa, and immigration processes

Welcome to the Family Based Immigration Forums.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to all our features. By joining our friendly, free community you will have access to post questions, share immigration experiences, as well as access to many other features such as the Search function, recent posts, chat, etc. We are a community built on experiences, so please share yours so others can benefit from them now and in the future. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today by Registering here.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NOTICE TO THOSE REGISTERING ONLY TO SPAM AND/OR ADD LINKS: Whilst I understand the need for links to your websites, please don't waste your time and energy here. This website is set up so there is nowhere to place links in profiles. Members must also have a designated amount of posts before being able to use signatures or the private msg or email system, so you can't use those either for your links. Spam posts are removed immediately. We run a tight ship :)

Downloads & Example Forms Guides & Flowcharts What Is...? Sample Documents Citizenship Tools
Go Back   Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 3 - FOREIGN CONSULATES & EMBASSIES > Interview, Medical & Police Certificates > 221g Administrative Processing
Forgotten your Password?
Register Mark Forums Read

Phone cards with the best rates and quality

Administrative process in US embassy Islamabad

221g Administrative Processing

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-08, 02:11 PM   #1

Residence: Pakistan
Consulate: Islamabad, Pakistan
Filed for: IV

Filed with: CSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 0
Thumbs Up 0 Times in 0 Posts
Administrative process in US embassy Islamabad

I HAVE ALREADY B1 & B2 VISA FOR USA ANDI TRAVEL TO USA SO MANY TIMES & MY ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS COMPLETED IN 2004 WHEN I GOT VISIT VISA NOW I APPEAR FOR IMMIGRANT INTERVIEW WITH MY FAMILY ON 26TH JUNE 2008 AND THEY PUT ME AGAIN IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS. DOES ANY BODY TELL ME THAT HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET THE VISA.

Old 07-24-08, 02:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alraj65 View Post
I HAVE ALREADY B1 & B2 VISA FOR USA ANDI TRAVEL TO USA SO MANY TIMES & MY ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS COMPLETED IN 2004 WHEN I GOT VISIT VISA NOW I APPEAR FOR IMMIGRANT INTERVIEW WITH MY FAMILY ON 26TH JUNE 2008 AND THEY PUT ME AGAIN IN ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESS. DOES ANY BODY TELL ME THAT HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET THE VISA.

Old 07-24-08, 03:22 PM   #3
Diamond Member

Residence: usa
Consulate: none
Filed for: Other

Filed with: N/A

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 479
Thumbs Up 1,457 Times in 987 Posts
Please read this entire thread for the answer to your question: http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...ead.php?t=2053

Read carefully. The question is asked several different ways, but always has one answer.

Old 07-24-08, 05:17 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Residence: USA
Consulate: N/A

Filed with: TSC

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 759
Thumbs Up 817 Times in 522 Posts
alraj65 sorry to hear that you are in AP now. Mixchel gave you the link to the forum that is active with participants that are waiting out their AP in Islamabad. Good luck and you are more than welcome to join us at the link listed above.

Old 09-06-08, 03:30 AM   #5

Residence: pakistans
Consulate: islamabad pakistan

ADMINISTERATIVE PROCESS

HELLO TO EVERY ONE,MY NAME IS ALI ZAHEER
PLEASE HELP ME BY GIVING ANSWER
I WAS INTERVIEWED IN USA ISLAMABAD EMBASSY,THEY GIVE ME BLUE SHEET WHICH MEANS ADMINISTERATIVE PROCESS IS REQUIRED FOR MY CASE.I WAS INTERVIEWED ON 9 APRIL 2008.BUT IT WAS STILL PENDING.CAN SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME THAT WHEN IT WAS COMPLETED.AND ANY ONE HELP ME FOR THIS PROBLEM.

Old 09-06-08, 09:21 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Bila,

Hello and welcome to the forum. Males from Islamabad get extended processing because of where you are coming from being an Islamic country. I have a thread that details AP and am adding the links here for you to read. AP is normal and takes a minimum of 5-6 months and the embassy will not respond with email in most cases until 10 months have passed. Depending on type of visa you applied for, common name, job/education, and travels all encompass AP. Here are the links and you are welcome to join us over there. https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/logoff.do (Admin processing) and http://www.familybasedimmigration.co...1503#post31503 Islamabad AP thread.

Old 09-08-08, 12:52 AM   #7

ADMINISTERATIVE PROCESS

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY,
CAN SOME ONE PLEASE GIVE ME A ANSWER THAT WHAT IS DOS,I AM REDING THE FORUMS WHERE I COME TO KNOW THAT DOS CAN TELL US THE STATUS OF OVER PENDING CASES.SO PLEASE TELL ME THAT HOW CAN I CONTACT WITH DOS,AND WHAT CAN THEY DO FOR ME.

THANKS

Old 09-09-08, 04:12 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Department of State
DOS
1-202-663-1225
Press 1 and then 0 if I am not mistaken to talk to a live operator.

DOS can tell you if your checks are still pending or complete. They will not tell you what checks are being done or if a field investigation will be performed. Call them on Wednesday afternoons or Thursdays for any updates and you must have all your visa information with you so they can look up your case. Good luck.

Old 09-10-08, 03:50 AM   #9

ADMINISTERATIVE PROCESS

HELLO MARRY.
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY.I CALL TO DOS BUT I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SAY,IT IS POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO CALL DOS FOR ME.I WILL TELL YOU MY VISA INFORMATIONS.

THANKS

Old 09-10-08, 09:37 AM   #10

Filed for: Naturalization

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 16
Thumbs Up 29 Times in 21 Posts
Ali Zaheer,

You should not put all your details in a public forum such as this. Please ask a moderator to remove your case details.

Also, it will not be possible for anyone in this forum to call the DOS to ask about your case as the only people who can ask are the applicants or their legal representative (lawyer/attorney), if any.

I do hope you will be able to find good information about your case.
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to paulNxenia For This Useful Post:
guerinking (12-04-11)

Old 09-10-08, 11:02 AM   #11
Diamond Member

Residence: usa
Consulate: none

Filed with: N/A

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 479
Thumbs Up 1,457 Times in 987 Posts
bila, that is completely inappropriate to ask a member here to intervene in your case this way. Please do not ask that of anyone here again, thanks.

Everyone: Do Not EVER post your case number or personal details on the internet. You're just asking for trouble, really.

Old 09-10-08, 12:38 PM   #12
Platinum Member

Bila I could not ever call for you and get your details. I am glad a moderator erasaed your personal data from this thread.
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to mary_mj4mj For This Useful Post:
guerinking (12-04-11)

Old 10-31-08, 06:17 AM   #13

administerative process information

Hello to every one,
marry 7 months have been gone,but my case was still pending for administrative process.The one thing that i cant understand is that,my age is 20 years old,if my process was not completed in one year and i become 21 years old,and then my process was completed then it is possible to embassy to issue my visa.is their is any age limit for me.
i email to embassy several times but never get any responses.
i asked the above because one my sister becmoe 21 years old during the visa process,only her visa process was completed to DS230 form,and then he become 21 years old and embassy didnot give him visa.
please reply me as soon as possible
thanks

Old 11-03-08, 06:31 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Hello Bila,

You will have an age limit and like you have done I would contact the embassy once again and mention that your age is getting near the age out limit. AP does not stop the aging out process and can only hope that your AP finishes soon so that you will not have that problem.
The Following Users Agree with this post and/or Say Thank You to mary_mj4mj For This Useful Post:
honeybee (11-21-09)

Old 11-04-08, 09:02 PM   #15

age limit

hello marry thanks for your great reply.
marry i am so worry about the age limit,i am waiting for my visa for more than7 months,one problem was never finished and other become.marry are you contact embassy what they say about me.marry please help me.and tell me that why embassy doesnot response to my email,is they changed her email address.
please reply me as soon as possible
thanks

Old 11-06-08, 01:40 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Bila,

I cannot contact the embassy on your behalf. Only you can do that or your family member that is going through this process with you like your mother or father, etc. I know when in AP they are reluctant to discuss anything with you and do not respond to emails. I suggest you try and have your family member contact them via the phone or email and express their concern on your age out possibility.

Old 12-30-08, 01:01 AM   #17

Consulate: ISLAMABAD

Filed with: Consulate/Embassy

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 1
Dear All,
Name is Shaikh Iqbal Ahmed and my case is in Admin process since 5 years iam not getting what process is this some time they say that your case is done from admin process and later when i call they say to me that again your case go to admin process.
I will be very thankfull if any one tell me what process is this process any why it take to much long i think 5 years is a huge time for any sort of process.

Old 12-30-08, 07:47 AM   #18
Platinum Member

Hello,

Shaikh Iqbal Ahmed I already posted some questions to you on one of your other posts. Please try and limit your same question to only one post and that way it is less confusing and then you are more likely to have an answer from someone. If you continue to post the same question then someone may think it will be answered and then overlook it all together.

Look forward to your answers from some of the questions I posted earlier and then once we have information maybe someone can give you guidance.

Mary

Old 01-13-09, 01:01 PM   #19

Agree with Post or To Say Thank You: 11
Thumbs Up 38 Times in 24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary_mj4mj View Post
Hello,

Shaikh Iqbal Ahmed I already posted some questions to you on one of your other posts. Please try and limit your same question to only one post and that way it is less confusing and then you are more likely to have an answer from someone. If you continue to post the same question then someone may think it will be answered and then overlook it all together.

Look forward to your answers from some of the questions I posted earlier and then once we have information maybe someone can give you guidance.

Mary

Hi Mary,
I don't know Sheikh Iqbal Ahmad's speicific situation, but his case is been in AP for 5 years. Has any update made on his case that you may be aware of?

Old 01-13-09, 02:57 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Ash,

He had another interview and had to give updated information. I think it is in the final stages now and will have an SAO meeting shortly. It sounds promising and am looking forward to his update.

I was astounded to hear 5 years and this is the longest one I have heard of personally.
Closed Thread

Family Based Immigration Forums > STAGE 3 - FOREIGN CONSULATES & EMBASSIES > Interview, Medical & Police Certificates > 221g Administrative Processing

Old Thread Warning
This Thread is more than 1927 days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
If you still feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so though.